- Per Square Mile: If the world’s population lived like…
The first comparison is the world’s population living at the density level of various cities. But this doesn’t compare footprint, just area. The second comparison is world’s population living at the footprint of various countries.
- The Wilson Quarterly: What Is a Tree Worth? by Jill Jonnes
Article considers some of the hard numbers for the value of an urban forest, and research going into calculating them.
- The Believer – Thirteen Ways of Seeing Nature in L.A. (Pt 1)
A great, involving article that looks at nature in LA, and why Los Angeles is a better city for a nature writer than Boulder, CO. Jenny Price is one of the writers who has inspired my recent studies.
- The Believer – Thirteen Ways of Seeing Nature in L.A. (pt 2)
Part Two of the article. The thrilling conclusion!
- How A Texas Town Became Water Smart : NPR
San Antonio’s water conservation programs have allowed it to grow yet not consume more water. The different methods include efficient toilet giveaways, fixing leaks, and use based charging (use more, pay more, as opposed to flat fee or even bulk discount).
- Nature News Blog: Prisoners pitch in to save endangered butterfly : Nature News Blog
Prisoners in Washington and Oregon prisons are working to help restore endangered frogs, butterflies, and other species. The women working on the butterfly have found out what plant it prefers for egg laying. It also appears recidivism is down among participants in the program, although those numbers are still small.
- FutureDude talks with Climatologist John Abraham | FutureDude™ Magazine
The difference between climate and weather, why a five degree temperature increase is very serious, and why there are both more severe droughts and more severe floods.</p>
- FutureDude and Climatologist John Abraham, Part 2 | FutureDude™ Magazine
Part Two of the excellent interview with John Abraham, by FutureDude Jeffrey Morris.
Mirrored from Nature Intrudes. Please comment over there.