?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Garage Door - Luke McGuff

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

April 6th, 2008


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
07:53 pm - Garage Door


Fremont, Seattle
April, 2008



Julie and I walked past this garage door this afternoon, while out on a brief walk. I stopped to snap a few pics of it, thinking, ooooh, texture! Geometry! Composition!  And then we set back on our way, thinking no more about it.

A voice came from behind us, back by the garage. "Excuse me." I turned around to see a 50something portly man. His attitude was polite, nonconfrontational. "Why did you take a picture of that garage?" I explained that I liked the texture, etc., just as I said above here. He nodded, then said, "I just asked because you're the third person this week to take a picture of it. And that very spot, too. Just curious, thanks."

He turned away. Me, I was bereft. Third person!?!?!?! This week?!?!?

So much for cutting edge creativity and alla that. Hah!

(9 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:kalimac
Date:April 7th, 2008 04:18 am (UTC)
(Link)
Great minds, etc.

That's the kind of photo I like because it forces me to look at something interesting I would normally, not being a very visual person, notice.
[User Picture]
From:holyoutlaw
Date:April 7th, 2008 05:59 am (UTC)
(Link)
Thanks! I like taking it because I have to go back and look at something again.
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:holyoutlaw
Date:April 7th, 2008 06:01 am (UTC)
(Link)
I think everything was painted a couple years ago, but the paint has faded since. And as you say, the wood, plywood, particle board, and aluminum sheeting all have become the same color. (Actually, there was very little difference between the picture itself and the individual red, green, and blue channels. Kind of amusing.)
From:randy_byers
Date:April 7th, 2008 05:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Originality is over-rated!
[User Picture]
From:holyoutlaw
Date:April 7th, 2008 05:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think I, myself, have said something very similar. I know I've thought that at times. What's more important than originality, as such, is to commit fully to your ideas. Lots of people confuse "novelty" with "originality" and it's not the same thing at all.

Anyway, I know my last few posts before this were pretty whiny, so I hope the tone of joshing self-deprecation comes across, rather than self pity.

And thanks!
[User Picture]
From:apostle_of_eris
Date:April 7th, 2008 06:26 pm (UTC)

Third person!?!?!?! This week?!?!?

(Link)
It means you're in way too trendy a neighborhood.
[User Picture]
From:holyoutlaw
Date:April 7th, 2008 08:21 pm (UTC)

Re: Third person!?!?!?! This week?!?!?

(Link)
Ain't THAT the truth.

[User Picture]
From:galacticvoyeur
Date:April 8th, 2008 01:39 am (UTC)

Re: Third person!?!?!?! This week?!?!?

(Link)
As Daniel Boone would say, time to head over that next mountain over yonder with the ax and flintlock and build a new cabin. Gettin' too crowded in these parts!

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com